Below you will find a range of useful information, a selection of titbits, about the event. Further down the page is the menu and beverage list the the event.
Should there be something we have missed, please contact us via 02 8011 3298.
(last updated 7-Dec 18:00)
- Current Forecast will be updated here;
- Due to the proximity to the harbour, it may get cooler and breezy at night;
- Smoking is only permitted on the Terrace and there are no vending machines in the venue (reminder about no pass outs, should you run out).
- First off, the event runs from 8pm SHARP until 2am and includes all fabulous food and drink, with a cash bar running for additional spirits;
- Dress to Impress: the dress code for the night is Smart Gay Lounge: Black, Gold, and Pink. It's going to be a moderate night temperature wise, so no excuse not to throw on something fitting and fabulous;
- Belle and Beau of the Ball: Yes, looking that good does have rewards! Thanks to the team at MILLK MEDI SPA Men + Women, we will be awarding some gorgeous treatment packs as prizes for our "BEST DRESSED". Check out their fabulous site and see what's on offer - why not nip in for a quick refresh before the night?
- Photos & Videos: We will have both photographers and a film crew in the room, grabbing a memory or two of the night. If you would rather not be published (or captured) just let them or us know;
- Last drinks are called around 1.30am;
- The fireworks are in two stunning showings: the first at 9pm and the major show at Midnight. Both are performed to synchronised soundtracks;
- Entertainment is provided in the musical body of DDJ/Producer Wayne G (UK) who will be playing for the entire event.
- The City Of Sydney website has up to date information on what is happening throughout the city that night, you can access it by clicking here (you can even get the iPhone App!).
Access To The Venue
- Be advised that there are two functions in the building that night: Our event is held in the Sculpture Terrace and Cafe (on Level 4 of the new wing), Museum of Contemporary Art, Circular Quay/The Rocks, Sydney;
- Access: is with your ticket and via the George Street entrance (glass sliding doors). Avoid entering the Circular Quay control zone as the crowds are, well, crowded!
- Entry Instructions/Access Map: for a map of this suggested route, click here.
- Photo ID: it is a requirement of access to all licensed premises in NSW, please ensure you have yours;
- Guest Names: Please ensure you have provided the names of all your party, prior to arriving - this will assist with security and hospitality on the night;
- Cloak Room: There will be cloaking facilities available, located at the entrance.
- Passouts: There are no pass-outs.
Transport & Parking - In & Out
- We recommend walking or using public transport, particularly trains, to access or depart from the event;
- Road closures are in force through the CBD from around 4pm until 4am, some road clearway's are in effect from 2am on the 31st;
- You CANNOT drive direct to the venue;
- For a map of the road closures click here;
- For public transport information or to plan your trip click here. You need to purchase a return train (or bus) ticket when travelling to the event;
- Please note: based on previous years, trains to Circular Quay stop running at 8.00pm - by then though you should have already arrived at the station and by making your way via pleasant stroll to the MCA;
- Further City of Sydney information can be found here.
The crowd and road closures can make it challenging for taxis to safely set-down and pick-up passengers. You cannot get access to the MCA via road. Taxis are in high demand on New Year’s Eve and therefore delays are likely. Taxi companies will not be able to take booking requests for pick up from the MCA or in areas where there are road closures and guests wanting taxi transport out of the city are advised to use the secure taxi rank, which operates on Sydney New Year’s Eve.
The secure taxi rank is at Elizabeth Street (east) between Liverpool Street and Nithsdale Lane, and will be staffed and managed from 9pm on 31 December 2013 to 5am on 1 January 2014.
If you need to park in the city, we suggest you contact Wilson Parking. A listing of their sites and contact details are available here. Don’t forget road closures will be active across the city!